Hello, drawing 2! I am a returning student to MCA, but I'm still considered a freshman because I don't have enough credits. Anyway, I am here, primarily, so I can get the training to become a cartoon animator, and, hopefully, to eventually become a producer. I came to MCA because during my senior year in high school, a representative of MCA came and gave a presentation to our art class. I was an APAC (Academic and Performing Arts Complex) in high school, and I feel very privileged to have been in the APAC Visual Arts program. Obviously, once I receive my degree, I would like to get a job that will give me a decent financial start, and then, carve my pathway to animating and producing cartoons.
Despite my huge ambitions, I am open to other career paths and am glad to receive the opportunity to attend MCA. As a bonus, it is relatively close to my home in Jackson, Mississippi. It is the closest art school to my home, and art school is where I wanted to go when I graduated. Hoorah! So, I am trying to stay as close to home as possible, and hopefully, I will be as blessed as I have been so far and get the opportunity to found a cartoon studio in, of all places, Jackson, MS! Work hard, dream big, and do what you love! (Always have some back-up options, in case your first dream doesn't work out.)
I always love learning new things about students. Animation, huh? I guess that animation is what you're majoring in then? That is exactly what I wanted to do when I was young, as well. Of course, back then the computer animation craze had not yet begun (Toy Story was released when I was in college). My mind was changed when I fell in love with the processes of, and the thinking behind, art-making. So, yes, always good to have "back-up options".
ReplyDelete