Well, the overall experience of class that morning was harrowing, and the several days leading up to it were quite disastrous in outcome, to say the least. I grossly miscalculated the amount of time needed to complete a sufficient edit, as well as misunderstood exactly what was due. I knew we had to have the picture-lock done, but I, first of all, wasn't putting it all out on the timeline as I went, which caused problems; secondly, I thought the sound and the clips had to be matched perfectly, which ate lots of time; and on top of that I thought that a more finalized edit was due, as far as footage choice is concerned, which caused me to be over-analytical, anxious, and hesitant, causing yet more problems! Hence, the simple explanation is that I, against my better judgement, underestimated the difficulty of the task before me, waited too late to get started on the edit, and stressed out, slowing my performance
Regardless, I do realize that despite the reasons the result is the same. I ended up doing something at the last minute, didn't have done on time and in a satisfactory manner, and despite my best efforts, fell asleep in class. I am embarrassed about that, and my grade will suffer; however, what's done is done, and I'm moving on. I know from the get-go to accept responsibility for poor decision-making and how to deal with the consequences.
No comments:
Post a Comment