If I choose to run with a complete Egyptian style composition, I will use Ti Watching a Hippopotamus Hunt as my reference. Of course, I'm not going to copy it; I will probably deviate from it, since an artist's take on anything naturally embodies something of that artist. The main purpose of this reference is actually the treatment of space on a two-dimensional surface. Again, my animation is not a copy of this space, but would merely be informed by it. (That way, I wouldn't be accused of drawing off the top of my head or pulling something out of my nose at the last minute.) I've had this particular artwork in mind, as a reference, for a couple of weeks now.


Sure, I'll add a comment to my own post, since nobody else is commenting. All I have to say is that I tried my best to finish my animation and still fell short of the minimum length by 9 seconds. It's a little depressing in terms of the class and my grade, but I've accepted it. What's done is done.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I am fairly disappointed that my animation did not live up to my stylistic expectations. At a certain point during crunch time though, one can only expect so much, especially with my lack of a storyboard and in-depth planning. I can't say I did much research either, but there's a litany of personal issues and failures that I'd rather not dig up, so it is what it is. I'll just have to go beyond my own shortsightedness next time.